Are you in constant trouble with weak and inefficient network coverage? Is your old PC not wireless? Relax! PCI-E card is your lifesaver. Just install it and forget about this inconvenience. It is the latest and fastest way to shift to wireless technology with the least investment.
There are certain situations in which using wireless cards are the only option left. Not only on these occasions, but it is a smarter way to turn your non-wireless PC into a wireless one. Installation of this will boost up the signal strength and coverage range. Fixing it in laptops is easier since it remains in the same position.
You can use this in remote areas where the reach of connectivity is poor and unsustained. In this situation, putting a PCI-E card can save your soul. Some of you may opt for a USB Wi-Fi Adapter, but that is not as valuable as this. It has higher potential and compatibility.
Best PCI (PCI-E) Wireless Cards
1. Asus Dual-Band Wireless AC 1900 PCE-AC68 Card
- High stability design.
- Highly flexible.
- Supports: Windows8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8.
- It comes with a custom heat-sink that dissipates heat for more stability.
- Operating temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C.
- A flexible antenna that has efficient reach even in adverse climatic conditions.
- Superfast speed of 1.30 Gbps.
- It has built-in 5th generation 802.11 ac chipset.
- Gives dual bandwidth; 2.4GHz/5GHz.
This is one of the best wireless antennas for gaming that are available in the market. They are gonna give you a high-end gaming experience that will enhance the joy of this virtual world that has become a significant part of the real world these days. This Asus Dual-Band wireless card is in high demand by users all around the world.
The key feature is its compatibility with a range of Windows versions. You can use it on Windows8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 8. This gives the ultimate flexibility to its various confinements of users around the world. You don’t have to get an advanced version since it supports a wide range of it already. Sounds awesome, right?
Are you having trouble in gaming due to lagging that is due to the distance between your computer and your router? Don’t worry. The Asus Dual-band Wireless card rescues you. It comes with an extended antenna that efficiently increases the wireless line of sight. You can operate it in cold and hot temperatures. It is designed expertly and methodically to run within the temperature range of 0 °C to 40 °C. isn’t it great?
Not only this, but this aptly designed gaming card comes with a superfast adapter with an 802.11 ac chipset that has a dual bandwidth of 2.4 GHz and 5GHz. It has to deliver a speed of 1.3 Gbps. Sounds Impressive, I am sure?? Buy this first-class device for $61.18. This is a little expensive, but the exceptional quality and functions will make you helpless to buy it.
2. TP-Link Archer T6E AC1300 Wireless PCI-E Card
- Lightning-fast speed of 400Mbps.
- High stability due to heat sink that distributes the heat and increases the performance.
- Highly reliable; built for 4k and ultra HD gaming experience.
- It has extended range with twice efficient external antennas that ensures better Wi-Fi optimization.
- Highly flexible due to detachable antennas.
- Highly compatible. Supports; Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, and Windows XP.
- Come with 2 years warranty.
- Magnetic base for proper positioning and stability.
- Facilitates 24/7 technical support for your assistance.
- Expertly upgrades the Wi-Fi card.
This is by far the best among budget cards that are available online or offline. It is not less than any other in its league. Don’t underestimate its efficiency because of its affordable price. Get the theoretical high speed of 1.3 Gbps. It is highly flexible due to its detachable antenna that can be carried around as per the need and environment.
This supports the latest Wi-Fi standard – IEEE 802.11 ac that offers 3X speed of delivery. The TP-Link Archer T6E is a perfect pick for lag-free ultra HD and 4K online streaming. Also, the advanced heat sink dissipates the heat energy, which in return increases the performance and stability. Wait, there is more to the list. It is designed methodically to lower the temperature that will ensure its longevity of life span.
The aluminum body increases its durability and makes sure to give outstanding conductivity. It comes with two external antennas that can be detached and allow you to enjoy fantastic high coverage for an incredible gaming experience. Get this along with a warranty period of 2 years. For any assistance or help, you are given access to a 24/7 technical support system that is best in its job. Get this gaming card for $29.99 only. It is one of the cheapest cards that has some amazing features.
3. Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I Wireless AC PCI-E Adapter with Bluetooth 4.2 Connectivity
- It comes with INTEL Wi-Fi module support.
- Antenna to support WLAN 2Tx2R transmission.
- Bluetooth 4.2 that is 100% qualified and high in performance.
- EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) support.
- Ideal for online gaming.
- Light in weight.
- Available in trendy blue color.
- High battery life.
- Get both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the same device.
- No need for BT Dongle.
- Auto-installation in advance versions.
- Magnetic antenna base that stays at its place and does not move.
This gaming card comes with two LED lights that are indicative signals for connectivity. It has a theoretical speed of 867 Mbps and dual-band connectivity of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, which is pretty impressive. The Bluetooth 4.2 is its key feature. Many users prefer this feature, but it isn’t available in many gaming cards, but you get this fantastic and conventional Bluetooth feature in GC-WB867D-I from motherboard giant Gigabyte.
This will change the gaming experience for desktop users that have a relatively more reduced range of Bluetooth connectivity. People who have dark and remote rooms can manage to get better connectivity through the installation of this PCI-e card. It can resolve that problem entirely and sprucely. Buy this for $44.95.
4. Asus PCE-N15 802.11N Wireless Adapter Card
- Supports multiple OS-Windows and Linux.
- Quick setup.
- Software AP: connects devices to the internet.
- Supports WEP, WPA, WPA-PSK, and WPA2-PSK.
- Operating frequency: 2.4 GHz.
- Up to 300Mbps.
- Methodically designed to provide end-to-end wireless performance and switch infrastructure
- Utilities like; WPS Wizard and Site survey.
- Modulation: CCK, DQPSK, DBPSK, OFDM, Management: Software AP.
- Data Rate: 802.11 b/g/n- downlink up to 300Mbps, uplink up to 150Mbps(20/40MHz)
- Interface: PCI Express.
- Compatible for PCI Express slots: x1, x2, x8 or x16.
- It has an advanced security system.
- Includes full height and Low-profile bracket.
This advance and efficiently optimized gaming card are made to make your virtual experience even more phenomenal and out of lag. The software AP mode manages the WLAN card to behave as a virtual access point in order to provide a more extensive network coverage area.
It is a boon that can turn your desktop into a wireless one. With just one device, you can increase the bandwidth. This enhances the speed of downloading and makes internet calling faster and leads its path. This is made to amplify the thrill of ultra HD and 4k gaming experience.
It supports 64/128-bit WEP, WPA-2 PSK, WPA-PSK, and WPS security that makes it 100% safe and user friendly. You don’t have to worry about the data drainage. You can get hooked to after using it for the first time. It comes with a pair of adjustable antennas that can be placed as per your need and desire.
The magnetic base allows you to keep it intact in one place. Buy this fantastic device, and you will never regret it. Well, actually, you can never go wrong in picking this up since it has a long list of plus points. Buy this for $49.99. The price is worth the features.
5. Rosewill RNX-AC1300PCE 802.11ac Wi-Fi Adapter
- Complies with IEEE 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11 n Wi-Fi protocol.
- High speed.
- Ideal for lag-free gaming.
- Ideal for streaming online the HD and 4K videos.
- Dual detachable antennas.
- Wider coverage.
- Compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.
- Supports 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, and WPA2
- Has advanced internet security.
- Quick installation.
- Easy to setup.
Enjoy smooth and hassle-free installation, inclusive of all the necessary components. Experience the bright and lag-free online streaming experience with 5 GHz band wireless connections or 2.4 GHz band for basic internet functionality. Avail the wider and wireless coverage from dual external antennas that are suitable and compatible with multiple OS.
Enjoy the ease of 3 steps easy-to-install setup that connects reliable and stronger networks on desktop, laptops, and tablets. Its compact size makes it easy to carry and store. Beamforming technology has improved the range and coverage, making it the first choice of many gamers around the world. This is of the most high-demand gaming card.
Use it to amplify your gaming experience and directly transmit the data using two external antennas. The stylish aluminum heat sink dissipates the heat and ensures the reliability for a longer time. The lower temperature and well-designed ventilation avoid the trouble of over heating. In the package, you will get; 1 wireless adapter, 2 dual external antennae, resource CD, and Quick Installation Guide. Get this for $58.98.
Shoppers’ Guide for purchasing the PCI-E Wireless Cards
With ample options out there in the market, it becomes challenging to choose for the best one. There is no need to waste the money on trying and testing different cards before holding onto a good one. Gaming has to be a relaxing and fun time for you. There won’t be any thrill in playing if it lags after every few seconds. So don’t worry. Here is a shoppers’ guide for purchasing the PCI-E wireless cards. Look for the following features:
- Number of Antennas
Always buy the ones that have dual antennas. There is no use of buying the card that is not good in-network coverage. Inadequate network coverage means lagging. So look for the ones that have effective bandwidth.
- Operating System support
An ideal gaming card runs on both ios and Android. This makes it highly compatible and suitable for all types of devices.
- Suitable dimensions
Buying a bulky and big device will be stupidity. It becomes troublesome to store it and carry it. The card should be compatible with your case. If you own a full-sized tower, then you don’t have to worry about the size. Even the largest PCI-E wireless adapter easily fits in without any issue.
The cooling sinks dissipates the heat and keeps the device cooler, hence increasing the efficiency and life span, both. The aluminum structure is ideal for constructing these cards. Place it at a position that does not experience any external heat. This will build up the longevity of the device.
- Rotational antennas
Some structures require flexible and moldable antennas. Buying the one that has a rotational feature is very mandatory for such users.
Make sure that whichever card you buy, it should support all the platforms.
Opt for the ones that have 2.4 GHz and 5GHZ radio frequencies.
- Metallic base
The attachment of aluminum or any other ideal metallic base will keep the device intact and prevent it from moving from the position.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I install a PCI-e wireless card?
It is not a difficult task. You just need to follow few steps.
- Unplug the computer.
- Open the CPU.
- Identify the PCI slot.
- Remove the metallic cover.
- Insert the card.
- Secure the card.
- Close up the keyboard.
- Install the new driver.
- Attach your device to the card.
- You’re done!
- What is the difference between a PCI and PCI Express slot?
PCI is a parallel interface, while PCI Express is in series.
- Will multimonitor configurations work on PCIe graphics?
Yes, it will work.
- Are PCI-e cards good for gaming?
They are great for experiencing smooth gaming. You can use them for 4k as well as Ultra HD online games.
PCI-E wire3lesss card is a device that allows you to connect to a nearby wireless network. It is a smarter and advanced way to connect a PC to the internet that does not have wireless capabilities. It is generally an easy to install a device that runs on Plug & Play.
It is recommended to opt for the ones that have dual antennas and are made up of the aluminum body. The heat sink makes sure that the heat is dissipated and manages the temperature. Higher temperatures can lead to improper functioning or malfunctioning of the device.
The best part about this arte that they are compatible with almost all OS. You can operate most of the high-end cards with Windows XP, Windows7, Windows8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Many of them support Windows Vista too. They can be used with ios and Lumix also.